Baked black bean quesadillas can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Black bean quesadillas
Tip: You don't need a lot of cheese in quesadillas — just enough to bind them together.
- Add 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium black beans.
- Add 1 cup zucchini, 1 cup frozen sweet corn and 2/3 cup red onion.
- Add 1/2 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add pinch black pepper.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
- Place 1 tortilla in pan to warm.
- Place half bean mixture on one side of the tortilla.
- Fold to cover.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes at 350 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.