A queasy sensation including an urge to vomit.
Rest, eat bland foods, and avoid strong odors or triggers, such as cooking smells, perfume, smoke, or stuffy rooms. Over-the-counter motion sickness drugs may ease nausea.
When to seek immediate medical care
See a doctor immediately if:
- Chest pain, severe headache, or abdominal pain
- Blurred vision, fainting, or confusion
- Signs of dehydration, such as dry mouth, weakness, and infrequent urination
When to make a doctor's appointment
Make an appointment to see a doctor if:
- Nausea and loss of appetite persist for several weeks to one month
- Unintentional weight loss occurs