Loss of weight that may or may not be on purpose.
When to seek immediate medical care
See a health care professional immediately if weight loss:
- Can't be explained by a change in diet or lifestyle.
- Occurs with excessive thirst and frequent urination.
When to make a doctor's appointment
Make an appointment to see a health care professional if there is:
- Excessive weight loss that's not on purpose.
- Any digestive symptom such as stomach pain, feeling full quickly or trouble swallowing.
- Nausea or lack of appetite along with the weight loss.