Convenient. Accessible. State-of-the-art.
The new Outpatient Center will deliver the best in modern medicine, along with the convenience of a one-stop health care facility. Plans for the new Center consist of a six-story, 280,000-square-foot building. The vision is to offer patients one easily accessible building for everything from doctors’ appointments and tests to prescriptions and outpatient procedures.
We envision that the new Outpatient Center will include the following:
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Physical Therapy
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Endoscopy Center
- Cardiac Diagnostic
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Heart & Vascular
- Plastic Surgery
- Sipe Infusion Center
- General Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
A major expansion such as this creates opportunities for improvements.
The Outpatient Center puts all outpatient services and procedures under one roof. The building is designed to include:
- A floor that offers comprehensive diagnostic services, including lab, radiology, and medical imaging
- A procedural floor offering 10 operating rooms for outpatient surgery
- An endoscopy (GI) suite with six procedure rooms
- A floor that houses clinical programs and multidisciplinary physician offices
- Shared waiting space with multiple seating options
- Designated family consultation space that’s easily accessible
The Outpatient Center will connect to the Hospital on two floors. As part of the project, we are also constructing a 420-space Employee Parking Garage in the rear of the campus, along with a central utility building to modernize campus infrastructure. Other improvements to functionality include:
- OR suites designed to minimize steps for staff and increase efficiency
- Centralized pre/post op rooms to support both OR and endoscopy suites
- 42 pre/post op private rooms to support family participation and acoustic security
- Decentralized nursing care for greater patient interaction
- Stairs in the central atrium to enhance visitor and staff flow
To create space for the new building and for added public safety, we are realigning N. Wren Drive in Scott Township to better connect with Bower Hill Road and Firwood Drive. This realignment will decrease traffic congestion and improve pedestrian safety at one of the main intersections near the Hospital.