Print This

Foundation

About the Foundation

Some six decades ago, area residents saw a critical need for local, quality healthcare.  Their grassroots fundraising campaigns resulted in the opening of St. Clair Hospital in 1954.  

Now an integral part of the community, St. Clair continues to grow and remains one of the Pittsburgh area’s few independent hospitals.  As a leading healthcare provider, the Hospital is a major economic driver, with 550 physicians and 2,200 employees.


While St. Clair has grown in ways the founders might never have anticipated, the Hospital remains committed to its core values as it cares for more than 286,800 patients each year.


Of course, the changing medical landscape across the country has set all hospitals on an uncharted course, challenging healthcare providers in their efforts to continue growing and to offer the most advanced, yet still affordable, medical services to their patients.


St. Clair has from its very beginnings counted on the support of the people, organizations and businesses of this community.  Please continue that legacy of giving forged some 60 years ago and help ensure St. Clair’s mission of providing the highest quality healthcare is available throughout our region.

 

The St. Clair Hospital Foundation Board of Directors 2014

Gary J. Zentner, Chairman

 

Robert L. Allman II

Andrew Aloe

 

Jodi M. Amos

Joseph Banko  

Edward Dunlap*

Bryan Hondru

  Vicki McKenna

Thomas M. Medwig

  Jack. B Piatt

Stephen F. Reich

  Andrew F. Rodgers

Harry E. Serene, M.D.

  Robert N. Shogry, M.D.

C. Vaughn Strimlan, M.D.

 

   
*Denotes Honorary Member