FAQ - Fast Track
Fast Track is an intense Orthopedics program for patients undergoing elective total joint replacement procedures. The goal is to be discharged within three days after surgery and to start rehabilitation immediately.
The Fast Track program includes an orthopedic surgeon, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other support personnel specifically trained in the care of orthopedic patients and dedicated to the program's philosophy of helping patients return to normal activities as soon as possible.
An integral part of the Fast Track team is a patient’s coach. A patient can designate anyone as a coach but that person must fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the pre-operative class
- Attend some of the occupational and physical therapy sessions during hospitalization
- Stay with a patient at least three days after discharge
- Provide transportation and assistance as needed
What are the benefits of participating in Fast Track
- Comprehensive pre-operative education program for both patient and coach
- Shortened hospital stay and a seamless transitition to outpatient physical therapy
- Support from a coach who is committed to sharing the Fast Track experience
- Access to a dedicated and knowledgeable staff to guide and educate patient and coach
Find a Physician
Search for a doctor in our online physician directory.