Our Commitment to Patient Safety and Quality
In no other industry is the link between quality and outcomes as profoundly important as in health care.
At St. Clair Hospital, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care to the patients we serve. Patient Safety is the number one priority for our patients. In order to meet this objective, we know it requires a continuous, focused commitment of our entire staff. We constantly measure the level of care provided, identifying opportunities for improvement in everything we do. St. Clair Hospital adopts nationally recognized recommendations from groups such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and the Joint Commission (TJC).
The Focus of our quality program is on the Patient.
- St. Clair Hospital believes that every patient has the right and responsibility to be aware of the care they are receiving, understand their care, and take part in the decisions about their treatment. We encourage patients and their families become active participants in the healing process. The staff is committed to the care of the patients. Each staff person will have a clearly visible identification badge, providing name and position. All staff will wash their hands upon entering and exiting the patient’s room.
- During all treatments and medication administration, the staff will provide education and encourage active participation by the patient. If there are any questions, the patients are encouraged to ask a staff member.
- Your health is an intensely personal matter. As your health care provider, we recognize that and work hard to assure your privacy. Read our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- St. Clair Hospital uses the national patient satisfaction measurement company Press Ganey and Associates to distribute and tabulate a multi-question survey which is mailed to a randomly-selected group of patients following their discharge. The survey asks questions about many aspects of an Inpatient, Emergency Department or Outpatient experience. Results are beneficial to gain insight into how well the hospital is meeting the patient expectations as well as those areas that need improvement. If we are not meeting your needs, we want to hear from you during your stay or encounter.
- St. Clair Hospital is committed to providing you with a high level of quality health care services. No person shall be denied such care based on race, creed, color, religion, sex or sexual preference, age, disability, national origin or source of payment in accordance with the provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. A copy of the Patient Rights and Responsibilities can be downloaded.
- A Patient Representative is available at 412.942.1835 if any concerns arise. In addition, you may submit your concern to the PA Department of Health or the Joint Commission.
PA Department of Health
Division of Acute and Ambulatory Care
Room 532 Health and Welfare Building
625 Forster Street
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8310
The Joint Commission