The health care professionals within St. Clair Hospital’s Occupational Therapy Department help individuals who are suffering from an illness, injury or disability return to a healthy way of living. With a personalized plan of care, patients are assisted in resuming activities they need or want to participate in, including independent self-care, home and work-related skills, and leisure activities. Utilizing purposeful activity to maximize independence, prevent disability and maintain health, the department promotes safety at home, work or school.
- achieving independence in performing activities of daily living such as eating, dressing, bathing and toileting;
- upper extremity and hand rehabilitation;
- education and training on adaptive equipment;
- cognitive and perceptual training;
- custom and prefabricated splints;
- Saebo splint training;
- ergonomic evaluations and education;
- community education for pulmonary, cardiac and arthritis groups; and
- pre-drivers perceptual and cognitive testing.